Blog Tour: Gravel Ghost by Charyse Allan


Gravel Ghost
Gravel Ghost Series Book# 1
By- Charyse Allan
Genre- YA Thriller
Publication Date- December 16th, 2014

Seventeen-year-old Payton Morros is a killer. Adopted as a child, and groomed into the profession by her new parents, she longs for a normal life. But lethal assassins at the top of their game can’t exactly quit their day job. Her only escape from her predetermined destiny is spending time with her best friend Conner, if only for a little while.
When Payton is sent to Chile for an assignment, she discovers a devastating truth that challenges everything she knows about herself and her family. Abandoning the mission, and on the run, she must unravel the secrets of her past before she loses all sense of herself. Or worse, before she jeopardizes everyone she cares about.  

   

Watch the Trailer Here! 
                          

And here is an excerpt from Gravel Ghost 
“Is Christen your real name?”

        His eyes pierce mine, but I force myself to look away. I have to lie to him. There’s no way I can tell him this. I’ve been trained my whole life that our name is what we protect with the greatest ferocity. If someone has our name, they can use it against us. He grabs my chin again, forcing me to look at him.
        “It’s not your real name?” His voice cracks on the last word.
        I shake my head and a tear runs down my cheek. What the hell is wrong with me? I never cry, ever. Yet, he keeps bringing these stupid emotions out of me. His eyes shift back and forth as if he’s trying to do a really long math problem in his head.
        “And Jen, that’s not her real name, either. Is it?” he asks in a whisper.
I yank back, launching to my feet. This is too far, too dangerous. I can’t believe what I’ve done. This isn’t my secret to tell. I’ve compromised both of us in only a few seconds. I rub the tear away with my palm, spin on my heel and start running, trying my hardest not to lose my shoes in the process.
        “Wait!” he yells behind me.
        I don’t look back and don’t stop, even when everyone on the sidewalk stares at me. I’m a great runner; I have to be. But I hear his footfalls behind me; he’s getting close. I turn left down an alley, hoping it might bring me to another outlet, but it doesn’t. It’s a dead end, a brick wall at least twelve-feet high stretching up in front of me. There’s no way I can climb it; the surface is too smooth. I instantly regret never getting into Parkour.
        I’ve messed everything up, and now, I’m trapped. I understand now why Scarlet and Cadmar have always taught us never to allow ourselves feel emotion. Emotions suck. They make us act against all our instincts and ruin ourselves. How did I ever think something like this could work?

About the Author-
Charyse Allan grew up in Arizona dancing and riding horses. She is an avid reader, but didn’t become one until high school. This is also when she realized her passion for writing, however it wasn’t until a couple years into her marriage that she tried her hand at writing a novel.
 
When she isn’t writing or reading, she can be found in Northern Arizona, tending her garden with her husband and best friend, while their two kids and two crazy dogs run around the yard. Charyse is also a big fan of Holy yoga, juicing and being a vegetarian—she misses bacon like nobody’s business.


   
Website: charyseallan.com or charyseallan.net
Blog: shortandsweetcma.blogspot.com   


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possessed by a Vampire Release Day Blitz & Giveaway

Mantic Cover Reveal

Love on the Prairie Release Day Blitz