Enlightened By Devyn Dawson REVIEW

Jessie Lucente, a Light Tamer, has started her junior year at Parca Academy in New Bern, NC. She has a new boyfriend, Caleb Baldwin. He is beyond good looking, he is her mate for life. They've been bound by the light and will rule and heal with it too. Her new classes aren't what she expected. Finding out the school is filled with 'gifted' kids is almost too much to comprehend. She finds out what it really means to be a Light Tamer. Some of the assumptions she had are debunked and now everything is crystal clear...well, clear as mud. Now that she is enlightened with the facts, she struggles with the truth.

Thorne Woodson has all of the girls swooning. His Doc Martens and hoodie stand out against his school uniform. He might be the guy to heal Amber's broken, grieving heart. What's his story, and why does he appear everywhere Jessie is? He has a secret that will change the game for everyone. Who is he in cahoots with?

Amber starts her junior year with a bang and a huge crush. She has a point to prove on the first day of school. She refuses to let everyone believe she went soft over summer break. Her shenanigans end with detention on the first day. The anniversary of her brother's death has her making dumb decisions but her friends have her back. Jessie will struggle to help Amber deal with the grief.

The secrets that have been revealed by Fate will leave Jessie in a new role. It will all come down to bloodline versus logic. She must step up and embrace her new title, and life on the other side of the shimmer. With her small army together, they promise to vanquish Nyx back to the Underworld and seal the portal she came through.

The second book in The Light Tamer trilogy will answer the questions that are burning in your head. A beautiful tale of first love and friendship. Be prepared to be amazed at the twist in this story. You didn't see it coming, but you'll be glad it did!

 First off I want to think Devyn Dawson for giving me a copy of Enlightened to read so I can review it. Now I must say I enjoy reading the second book to the light tamers. Just like the first one it was an very interesting read and I sure wasn't expecting that twist she put in there but it was an very good twist. I love how Jessie and Caleb's relationship grows and gets stronger within the story. Also loving Amber and Jessie's friendship even more after she opens up about her brother to Jessie which by the way got me teary eye on that part. Also wasn't expecting to find out some things about the grandmother which was cool and I just love her she cracks me up the things she says and does. Then we have the new guy Thorne which I love the mystery about him through the story line and how he plays into everything which is cool. This is an MUST READ and if you haven't checked out the first one then I advice you to read it so you can read Enlightened next. I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens next in their journey after the way it ended. Awesome Job Devyn Dawson you have me wanting more!!

HERE IS WHERE YOU CAN BUY ENLIGHTENED:
BARNES & NOBLE 
AMAZON 

Comments

  1. Tiffany, thank you so much for the review. I love that you kept the secret a secret. The scene that made you teary was very personal to me. My brother died when I was 14 and I channeled the 15 year old me, and how I felt. I cried when I wrote it.

    I <3 U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem keeping it an secret I think its better to keep it like that till they read for themselves.. Ya i got very teary eye at that part you did very good at channeling that part. I <3 U too

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Possessed by a Vampire Release Day Blitz & Giveaway

Love on the Prairie Release Day Blitz

Resurgence Cover Reveal & Giveaway